In today’s world we cannot imagine getting through the day without using any technology like cell phones and the internet. Such sophisticated technology has made the world a very small place indeed. There are a plethora of advantages but cyber safety should be taken into consideration because Online security for consumers and businesses is a must. The increase in the number of cyber crimes has compelled the cardinals of justice to take strict actions against those who commit crimes.
So to combat these Cyber crimes many organizations have taken up the responsibility of putting together programs to send messages to the public on how they can protect themselves.
So here are some cool tips that everyone can follow to achieve Cyber safety.
Tips for parents with children under the age of 18 years
- You should keep a close check on how your children are using the internet. have a conversation with then to learn about the sites that they visit. Make sure that you have heard of those websites before.
- Make sure that the computer is placed in the common area of the house where you can access it and keeps a watch on your child while he or she is working on it.
- Assure your child that you are always ready to help them in case they face any problems over the internet.
- Train your children in a way that they will refrain from striking a conversation with strangers on the internet and share private information with them.
- Sometimes information found on the internet can be misleading as they are not accurate so you must communicate this to your children.
- Make sure your children know how to balance the internet time with their time in the real world.
- Make rules for using the internet and get your children to follow them.
Valuable tips for children
- If you are not sure about certain things over the internet then you must consult and adult
- Do not provide false information like age to view the contents of a restricted website
- Never divulge any of your personal information to strangers over the internet.
- If you have profiles on social media websites then try not to add people who you have never met.
- However if you do have certain strangers on your profile then try not to meet them when you are alone
- Please remember that all the information on the internet is not true
- Go through articles that deal in cyber crimes so that your knowledge increases.
Valuable Tips for the general public
- Make sure that all your online accounts have very strong passwords
- Before you even send a message to anyone please review it repeatedly
- You must refrain from posting any content that may be considered obscene, as they can be used against you.
- Review the privacy settings on the various profiles that you may have on popular social net working sites.
- Try not to click on certain embedded links that you find in your emails
- Do not hesitate to communicate with the authorities in case someone is bullying you are if your account on a social media site was hacked into.
So these are some of the best tips that you can follow.